Sunday, November 23, 2008

Week 8: Concept Map


Today, our lecture was about an important idea that helps teacher in teaching; this topic is the concept mapping. In simple words, concept map is the process of representation of the relationship of a concept in a graphical figure or diagram. It represents a structure of a person's knowledge. Therefore, concept map is vary in purposes like it helps the teacher to show the limit of understanding of knowledge or gives a summary about what is being taught. So, it can help the teacher to clear up misconception that some students got. However, when teacher builds a concept map she should remember that a concept map needs to be easy to modify, or rearrange and not easy to modify handwritten of the main concepts of the map. As every thing has benefits of use the same thing goes for concept map. It can consider as an excellent alternative for tradition methods that teacher can use since the teacher can add and use images on it. The main uses of concept map can be in using it in brainstorming, curriculum planning and tracking of students.

As a teacher, I think concept map is a helpful tool that any teacher can use in their classes. It can helps teacher to convert complicated lessons into easy, simple lessons. I use concept mapping usually in preparing my lessons to make them very easy to my students. I always use brainstorming in my daily life not only in teaching because it helps me to arrange and organize my ideas and thoughts. So, my advice to all teacher use concept map in your class to make your subject much easier and lovely.


Hint: You can use Inspiration program for drawing your concept maps. Its easy to use and I can assure that you will like it very much. Since I used it in College and till now its my favorite program in drawing diagrams and brainstorming maps. :)

No comments: